Friday, August 4, 2006

Slogans For Skateboard

of Antoninus and Francis Ecuador

Antonin and Francis continued to travel together after the course. After a long stay in the Amazon they returned a few days Pascuales (where Francis did his internship) and a few days at El Tamarindo ("close" to Jipijapa) where Antonin articled.

Antonin wrote many stories about their journey that seems to have been fantastic. I can not reproduce them all but here is one telling episode of their stay in the Amazon ... or at least attempt to go very low in the Amazon:


Today we are in the city of Puyo and we went to visit a military base and took a small plane, but the big bastard of no military not want to see us and told us that it cost $ 1000 and could come back tomorrow because today it's Sunday and everyone is on leave. Instead, we met an air ambulance pilot who is a gringo and charging 60 $ per person to go to the Huaorani. Tomorrow we will tour the airlines Cesna, because there are many. I'm very anxious to leave I am extremely impatient. Today while I was sitting on a terrace is a lady stopped next to me and told me: patience. I said yes patience is like that in Ecuador.

The days are tiring for nothing, we nap 2 or 3 hours every day because we always feel tired especially in cities. Not in the Amazon. Maybe we put us on all our expeditions in the jungles of Cuyabeno park. It was indeed very demanding. We left the morning only to return that evening, exhausted and filled with beautiful images and knowledge of adventure.

I just bought a big machete to 30 inches, because I gave my knife to Domingo, a native Quechua became our friend. He was in the Cuyabeno park, tourist guide speaking only English. He loved us very much. He has crafted baskets made of woven vines and crowns made of palm leaves.

So we will leave for the Amazon, even more deeply, more alone, more interesting!


few days later:

At the company avionette private ambulance we are told that we must have authorization from the COFENHAI, the Huaorani organization, because they We can not just throw it in as the Huaorani. In addition they must contact them by radio through the jungle to see if they want two gringos like us. I Isaiah us to pose as anthropologists research students who have special training and telling him everything we have done both months but could do nothing. The company could have problems to do this kind of stuff. In addition we have only passports of tourists so it works really.

The FARC will not take us hostage because we're not at the border this time. But I promise that one day Ill go, or FARC, and not that I shall know what the Huaorani people endangered and whose ancestral knowledge of the jungle are the most advanced of all the indigenous people of Ecuador.

I admire their ardiesse! How beautiful they are 20! I also admire their judgments. Return to Pascuales and Jipijapa without peer pressure and timing of the internship was a really good idea in my opinion. I have the story. Next time perhaps!

0 comments:

Post a Comment