past few days our busiest days are funny as last week. The group is actively working in Guayaquil on an art project with young people at the school where they work and Jipijapa students participate in activities UPOCAM (Organization of farmers in the province of Manabi). I have little contact with the group of Guayaquil, which is why the photos you see on this blog relate only group Jipijapa. But if a student wants Guayaquil send me a text with pictures, I'll be happy to publish it (message!!). At
Jipijapa our occupations were varied and depend a little of each student. But to illustrate the best of what life is like here, I'll do a little exercise that historians call the "micro-history." It consists in studying the life of a person considering it is representative of the lives of others. I decided to follow that of Julian Cournoyer was especially noticed in recent days.
Tuesday Last Julien (as all other students) went to Rocafuerte, a city located in northern 1:30, to attend the 28th anniversary of the UPOCAM. We have organized a football match between the national team of Canada (nous!) to the team's UPOCAM. And believe it or not, we've done pretty good figure! I think the match ended 3-2 for them. (Okay, I admit, we gave citizenship to an Ecuadorian and a French national but this is the kind of thing that is also at the professional level while ...!)
At this festival we also discovered that Julian is a charmer and he knows how to attract the ladies on the dance floor ... even if he does not know perfectly (!) the steps of a salsa or merengue !
The next day I went to see Julian at his home in El Secal, a tiny village in the countryside of Jipijapa. It was hard at work in building the wall inside a septic tank.
His family says he works well and eat well too. It must be said that our gringos have a reputation of having appetites of birds. They tend not to be able to finish their plate. But do not blame them. You should see the serving size! Phew! In warm weather, we're not used to taking a hearty dinner of soup is huge (and hot!), A piece of meat and a huge portion of rice. And there's nothing to do, impossible to get a smaller portion. The most unfortunate is the teacher. 2 students when I visit in a day, for sure that I was offered two dinners, delicious (and plentiful!) Than the other one!
(Home & Family of Julian. Eight people live in this house)
0 comments:
Post a Comment