that ends tomorrow is the portion of "families" of course. It only remains to return to Guayaquil to conduct the final review and partying on the beach at the aptly named town of Playas.
My greatest regret has been not being able to visit all the students in their family. Since two weeks I concentrated on students most distant to make sure everything was okay since I saw the other almost daily in the city. Ironically, so I will not see houses Emily Anne, Benjamin and Emily who are either in town or relatively close.
But you will understand why I run out of time when you know what it takes to visit the most distant students. I dared not speak before on the blog for fear of worrying parents, but now that the internship is completed without glitches, you know where your children live! The farthest
are Patrick, Antonin, Eliane and Maude. All further apart than others, in directions different. You can try to follow on this card I made for our arrival in Jipijapa find me (there is apparently no official map of the area!):
Take for example the Antonin house, where I went Friday. If you want to track on the map, starting from Jipijapa must go east (right) then take the road (arrow) that rises to the top right corner of the map.
short, to go Antonin must first take a bus kind of wood called La Ranchera (unfortunately I do not pictured). It takes 1:30 to get to the city Noboa's where you should take another Ranchera for 30 minutes until the start of the dirt road that takes us to El Tamarindo. The dirt road, walk (or take a horse but I have no horse, so you have to walk!). And it goes up! Good god it up! But it's beautiful! Good god, how beautiful!
After 40 minutes of walking was the reward of getting to that point of view overlooking the small community of El Tamarindo
From there you can see far, far away, very, very Home away from Angel Silva, the traditional medicine specialist hosting Antonin. And this is where we begin to hope they'll be at home because the cell phone network does not go there when there is no way to announce his visit!
Anyway, after more than 2h30 of transportation and so much sweat over, it is not about rebrouser path so close (!) Goal. While walking fast (luckily it down) we came home 20 minutes later. Wow! Nice house!
The meeting with the families is worth every effort made to get there. They are always super-friendly people who are happy to show us their part of the country. So we chatter for an hour, dinner and then hop must be returned at a run because the last 16h Ranchera goes ... to an hour's walk from here!
And if it is missing? It turns back (1 hour walk) and layer with Antonin!
Results: 6 hour trip to visit 2 hours! Get involved ... he said
0 comments:
Post a Comment