Friday, June 23, 2006

Vba Saves To Gpsphone

Paratransit ...

I've little about transport, yet it is a very important aspect of Ecuador and South America in general. As Cars are expensive, and anyway it is risky to leave them unattended in the street, the vast majority of people moving in transit. In the city taxis are plentiful but still expensive for Ecuadorians since it costs about $ 2 on 10 minutes when the city bus costs about 25 cents to travel the same distance (and as it takes 45 mnutes instead of 10, it is much cheaper per hour !!!).

For interprovincial travel, buses are more comfortable and it takes about $ 1 an hour of transport. For example, the Quito-Riobamba trip takes 4 hours and costs $ 3.50 And no joke, it's not really comfortable unless Orléans Express charge $ 45 for Montreal-Quebec. In

countryside and small towns, everything is possible! It goes from the famous ranchera about which I have already spoken and that I could find a picture ... (And not the least! It is when we had a puncture Jipijapa back toward last week:)



... until small van in which we can try to break records .. . (14 students here and all their luggage in Playas!)



... or larger vans which run rain or shine time ... (here is a trip of one hour in the rain with Ioana)



... via Pachamobile, the van's UPOCAM. It's a van a little special that I had the great privilege of driving, to the delight of students!



is that last Saturday night a small group of students and I had to go to highlight Father's Day in El Anegado, the community of Catherine, a short half hour drive from Jipijapa. Unfortunately the person who would take us there did not appear, leaving us alone with the Pachamobile (named because in recent elections it was used to make propaganda for the party Pachakutik). To have already made trips with her, I knew how it was in bad shape, but I do not doubt how much!

I was offered the lead up to El Anegado and I have been prepared: remove the board and the newspapers which serve as driver's bench to add 2 liters of water in the engine is exactly under the seats; assess the amount of gasoline by dipping a stick into the tank (through one hole of said reservoir); grow fifty times on a button to, I guess, to raise gasoline to the engine. Regarding the lack of mirrors, suspension, horn (though essential here) and speedometer, fuel mileage and could not do anything about it.

bidonnées Students were in the very long coastline that would move up from the outset and in which I was unable to go into 2nd gear. But ultimately I must admit that the transmission is the only thing that works not so bad on this garbage.

We had a blast on the road. A gringo driving this thing with 4 gringa in the box back, it does not go unnoticed! We arrived without problems in El Catherine Anegado where we waited with his family.



And we came back the next day also without problem. It was enough to put 2 liters of water in the engine and weigh about fifty times on the button!

0 comments:

Post a Comment